3201 S Clare Ave
Clare, MI 48617
TROOP 604 2022 Hike-a-thon Information
Our unit is taking part in the Michigan Crossroads Council
2022 Take a Hike (A-thon)! Proceeds are split evenly
between our unit and our council outdoor programs.
Take a Hike(A-thon) will help us:
• Raise Unit funds for our monthly scout outings, camping trips and more
• Support our Council camp maintenance programs
• Service to Others: By helping fund the camp Scholarship program
• Service to Others: By collecting new and gently used shoes
• Promote physical fitness within our troop
• Promote mental health
• Reach Rank hiking requirements
How it works:
• Make a list of people who might be willing to sponsor your hike for our unit (friends,
family, teachers, neighbors, associates, co-workers, etc.)
• Promote our unit specific mobile cause link via social media, e-mails, texts, etc. asking
for sponsorships (https://app.mobilecause.com/vf/scoutstrong/team/Troop604B)
• Text the phrase ScoutStrong71 to 71777
• All sponsorships are done online though this link, no need to collect funds!
• Gather sponsorships from NOW thru May 31st!
• Our Unit Goal is $3000 ($1500 for our unit and $1500 to help our council continue to
fund outdoor programs and camp scholarships)
• Scouts who secure $400 or more in sponsorships for our Pack will
earn a Super Hiker Patch
• Collect new and gently used shoes for the Footprints of Michigan
• Hike 5 miles as a troop
• We will be attending a council sponsored hike at
Camp Rotary in Clare, MI
MAY 7TH, 2022 – Details regarding the hike will be announced soon!
Questions can be directed to our Hike Coordinator:
Other resources can be found at https://michiganscouting.org/takeahike/