Hoist Lake Backpacking Trip ***CANCELED
This event is canceled.
Backpacking hike with two over-night
· Leaving from FUMC parking lot Friday, April 17 at 5:30 pm
· We will hike a few miles on Friday and then camp
· On Saturday, we will be hiking and camping along the trail
· Younger Scouts will have the opportunity of joining the group Saturday afternoon for camping and hiking out on Sunday
· Suggested packing list is posted on the Troop website. Bring appropriate clothing and wet weather gear.
· Since this is a backpack outing, everyone is responsible for your own food
· Friday night – Please eat before you arrive at FUMC
· Breakfast – Saturday and Sunday morning
· Lunch – Saturday and Sunday
· Dinner – Saturday
· All meal items should be simple, one-pot meals that are made using hot water. The Troop will provide stoves and pots to boil water. You will also have the option of cooking over the campfire (weather permitting).